Applications for the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur training programme now open.
Applications for the Clinical Entrepreneur Programme ran by the NHS are now open.
The clinical entrepreneur training programme is designed to offer opportunities for junior doctors and wider health professionals to develop their entrepreneurial aspirations during their clinical training period.
In its 4th year the training programme, head by Professor Tony Young OBE, National Clinical Lead of Innovation at NHS England, is open to applicants up to 5pm on the 29th March 2019.
The scheme accept doctors, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, dentists, clinical scientists and AHPs on the programme – as well as medical students.
The programme offers:
- Time for entrepreneurial activity – individual discussions to explore appropriate options such as less than full time training, annualised job planning, time out from clinical duties.
- Mentoring and coaching – from an acclaimed international faculty including commercial, financial, clinical, academic, managerial, third sector and public sector leaders and achievers.
- Entrepreneurial placements/internships – with industry, third sector, social enterprises and public sector organisations with both partner funded and self-funding options.
- Facilitation of relationships with commercial organisations to develop their business and procurement knowledge.
- Education – commercially relevant opportunities including expert webinars, video content, e-learning and flexible university interoperable/recognised accredited modules that can be used towards PGCert, PGDip, Masters and undergraduate/intercollated qualifications for interested students.
- Pit Stop educational events focused on creating successful start-up businesses held throughout the year.
- Bringing together complimentary high value programmes e.g. ENTIQ, NHS Innovation Accelerator, AHSN, Health box, Rock Health, Leo Innovation Labs, Startup Health.
- Funding – signposting, finding, connecting to investment sources.
- Networking events – regional and national events coordinated through AHSN and other organisations.
Interested? For more information and a link to the application portal can be found at: https://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/innovation/clinical-entrepreneur/